Date(s) - 22/03/2017
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Our Winsford Gardens Spring
Programme at Penge Green Gym
This Week in Penge our tasks may include:
1. To continue to improve usefulness of our growing area:
Create small pond with woven hazel fencing and/or living willow fence.
Building stronger raised beds.
2. Repair/re-build insect hotels located around the gardens.
3. Refurbish children’s play area:
Replacing damaged stepping log section with hop-scotch area.
Use earth dug-out for pond to create raised mound in central section.
4. Making a start on our Beth Chatto-style gravel garden.
5. Refurbish natural seating area as sliced tree trunk benches now need replacing.
6. Handrail by steps off path from Garden Road entrance.
But don’t worry there is always plenty of more gentle work weeding and pruning.
Tool maintenance and cleaning the shed.
Litter picking and cleaning up dog mess.
Having fun and getting fit for free in the open air and sun.
Green Flag Award Logo